• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New 63

duff

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Well I've been reading this for a while and now finally have something to post. Just picked up this 63 polara 500 over the weekend and can't wait to get started. Its been sitting in a barn since 88 and needs a bunch of work, but isn't that the fun part? 383, pushbutton, no trunk, no brakes, hasn't been started in 20+ yrs etc.
IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

Welome in,Nice score!!Congratz and,,,,,,,,,,,it's about time you stopped lurkin' and started typin":bootyshake::munky2:

Oh man, that's nice!! Now get to work!!

I have pics similar to those of my '64 being brought home on a U-haul trailer. Love the '63s - welcome!

Which direction are you going with this build? Post pics as you go along if available... Everyone loves car-****!

Welcome........we have something in common
:eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 443
fix the brakes, change the oil, a little washing, fill'r up and drive it!
Looks good as it is.

had to wait for my power to come back on, in the midst of a blizzard here.

thanks for all the comments guys, I'm really excited about this. I drove 4 hours to get it out of a barn in Maine, another 4 hours to stick it in a different barn in New Hampshire, then 2 hours back to Boston and was ready to drive back up to tear into it.

sorry Brian, its a friends chevy and I can't complain after he drove the entire 10 hours and spent another three pushing the car around with me.

only direction at this point is to make it safe and driveable. I'll certainly be posting along the way, its going to be slow going at first though, I have a 1 month old son and another one about to turn 2. They'll both learn how to work on old cars the right way though!

fwi - love your car. 2 questions for you; any extra headlight rings? mine were in the trunk and look like they were run over. Also, what wheel/tire combo do you have? I'd like to put discs on it and most of the conversions require 15" wheels, I think I'll do steelies but I'm curious about the sizes and backspacing. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back