• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new roommate.

Their camoflage is amazing. Can you imagine them blending in to a forest floor full of leaves? I was at a party at my son's house and that snake was raised up about 18 inches. He didn't move in the slightest for 45 minutes. I imagine the live so long because the hardly expend any energy.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine had a python way back when, probably 5 ft long or more it was kind of fun to play with a little bit but as far as a pet goes I just don't see it. they're pretty useless, but if you have a shitload of mice and you let them run free in the house maybe it's okay

My son is crazy for pets. Dogs, cats, fish, and even chickens. Once a snake got loose. We found him coiled up in the mechamism of a reclining chair. I guess a snake is more interactive than fish.

The snake is beautiful and facinating in a creepy way.

Contest in Florida to see who can catch the most and kill them. $10,000 to win.

Bad news when people turn them loose in tropical climates, after they get too big. Burmese and Reticulated pythons are easy to raise as juveniles, but get big and aggressive pretty quickly, too many owners who don't have the expertise to deal with them.

Move to Georgia if you like snakes.

81590~2.jpeg

Their camoflage is amazing. Can you imagine them blending in to a forest floor full of leaves? I was at a party at my son's house and that snake was raised up about 18 inches. He didn't move in the slightest for 45 minutes. I imagine the live so long because the hardly expend any energy.
Yeah, mine takes long, long naps...

A good friend of mine had a python way back when, probably 5 ft long or more it was kind of fun to play with a little bit but as far as a pet goes I just don't see it. they're pretty useless, but if you have a shitload of mice and you let them run free in the house maybe it's okay
Trust me, when you've been taking care of the same snake for over 30 years, you get a bond. I still love taking him out having him hang out on my neck. They're no dog but fascinating creatures all the same!

Yes, they are destroying the everglades! Responsible pet owners don't turn them loose when they are done with them.

Bad news when people turn them loose in tropical climates, after they get too big. Burmese and Reticulated pythons are easy to raise as juveniles, but get big and aggressive pretty quickly, too many owners who don't have the expertise to deal with them.
Yeah, suppose there is a learning curve some acquire soon enough, or not – soon enough…like handling a 700-hp Challenger before wrapping it around a tree.

Auto Transport Service
Back