• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAPA GOLD FILTERS........... AHHHH NO

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Napa Gold is now Chinese (sorry if this has been posted before)

Interesting. Just 2 weeks ago a NAPA employee told me NAPA gold was Wix. Not that the modern NAPA employee knows anything. I wonder when this changed.

They were WIX for years, used them many times. No more!

yup...... bought a napa gold a couple weeks ago, had to peel the made in china sticker :rolleyes:

NAPA made a massive mistake starting in the early 90's wanting to emulate Kragen/Autozone etc with cheap **** parts etc. They used to be the go to for high quality lines. Victor, Spicer, Timken, WIX, Timken etc. They did need to adjust some of the pricing though as many times they were out of line.

Chinese oil filters assembled by 5 year olds!
Someone here posted this video a few months ago of kids making oil filters in primitive very unsafe conditions. They didn't look Chinese though, they looked like Pakistanis, Indians or Bangladesh perhaps. Scary, and possibly where some of our junky product is coming from in recent times.

Filters made in China probably are made in those Uyghur internment camps, and no videos exist showing conditions there.

Damn, having worked in stamping plants that makes my skin crawl. I can’t even watch it.

skilzzz! ........ they're making Mopar sheet metal right next door

Definitely dangerous working conditions. They did speed up the video, listen to the voices. They don't speak English but the squeaky voices are sped up. MO

I think they've been selling chinesium ones for a couple of years now, at least out here. I started buying real WIX 51515s at the O'Kragens near me, they're still about 8 bucks a piece.

Now, is it a NAPA thing or a Wix thing. Build cheap, buy cheap, sell the same or higher.

Now, is it a NAPA thing or a Wix thing. Build cheap, buy cheap, sell the same or higher.
Or, maybe the NAPA guy banged the WIX guy's wife (or vice versa) and now they won't deal with each other anymore!
The customers get hosed again, as usual!
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back