• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Chrome Trim

delfinomuro

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Guys i need help with this chrome trim. I was digging through the chrome stuff of my 66 satellite, so i pulled out only the chrome trim along the top of the car. And i realized that part of it looked different, more narrow. Heres a picture of the trim that i think is wrong (Left ) and the one that i believe is the correct one ( Right ). Please help me so i can go ahead start looking the right trim. Thanks
Fino

photo (12).JPG

the thin section goes under another peice of trim where they come together,not sure what you are asking.

Yea i kno, but what I'm asking is the trim is suppose to be like that? Like the one on top in the photo is more narrow than the one in the bottom, basically ignore that thin piece you was talking about and look at the whole thing. Don't they look different?

the thin section goes under another peice of trim where they come together,not sure what you are asking.

They DO look different and I think you have 2 NON matching pieces there. I can't tell from the photo where they belong though, and this is a great argument for LABELING things when they come off of the car. ;) I know that does not help..

make sure the wider one has not been flattened out a bit.very easy to bend this stuff,so check if the hieght of the peices are the same.

Lol yea that's what I figured NON matching parts.

67 coronet, that's what I was thinking too BUT I have like 3-4 other pieces who are the same as the bottom and just 1 more piece that's more narrow. The funny thing is that the 2 more narrow pieces where both in plastic bags. I'm starting to guess the former owner of the car was restoring it and bought the trim thinking it was what he needed and realized it was the wrong one. OR it's probably for some else and I just don't know yet :/

ahhh,i thought you removed it from the car.who knows what you have then.

Auto Transport Service
Back