• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never assume anything

Turboflite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
A long time ago I bought the ramcharger hood, it was very clean and years later I decided to add it to a project, no bondo or any issues, I had it painted and it looks amazing on, now in the final stages of the project I was adding on the bulge emblems and realized the the driver side holes are almost a 1/2” off the lines of the bulge. The right side looks great.
Now! I will certainly not add new holes or repaint it.
My option are to keep it totally off the lines as monument of 1971 Monday morning assembly or remove the attachment pins and use emblem adhesive, if I do I need to move it a bit forward to cover the holes.
What’s your thoughts?

IMG_2951.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

"remove the attachment pins and use emblem adhesive, if I do I need to move it a bit forward to cover the holes"

Sooner the better so you can forget all about it.:)

Are the holes off or are there different "left" and "right" emblems ??

Think I would use the holes that are there and you would have a story to tell :)

If it bugged you too much talking about it all the time later on you could still cut the pins off and glue it on to cover the holes but listen to everyone say it is too far forward

A long time ago I bought the ramcharger hood, it was very clean and years later I decided to add it to a project, no bondo or any issues, I had it painted and it looks amazing on, now in the final stages of the project I was adding on the bulge emblems and realized the the driver side holes are almost a 1/2” off the lines of the bulge. The right side looks great.
My option are to keep it totally off the lines as monument of 1971 Monday morning assembly or remove the attachment pins and use emblem adhesive, if I do I need to move it a bit forward to cover the holes.
What’s your thoughts?

View attachment 1717271

View attachment 1717272
My vote adhesive tape

What’s your thoughts?

View attachment 1717271

View attachment 1717272
Just can’t believe in the day quality control would let that out the door

Fix it.

Whatever is necessary.

I would bet that "back in the day" any defective sheet metal went into the "service parts" inventory.

I will say this: from my experience and knowleged of the automotive stamping process its hard to believe those holes could be stamped incorrectly. Once the dies are made, every hole is stamped at the same time and every single piece comes out exactly the same. So in the case if these hoods, all the holes - including the airgrabber hole - would be punched in one of the first stamping processes as it progessed down the line. And they sure as hell weren't drilling them by hand !!

As posted earlier, could it be these call-outs are for a different model mopar?

You notice it only because your car your work. Adhesive if it will cover holes. Odds are nobody will notice unless told.

I assumed this it’s the original call-outs as they was on the hood, however the right side fits on left and VV.
Maybe if they was different for each side and this hood have two of right side call outs
I think I have a pair of Six-pack call outs, will check if I have the same issue.

49676781356_5e29d3e49d_o.jpeg

Think I would use the holes that are there and you would have a story to tell :)

If it bugged you too much talking about it all the time later on you could still cut the pins off and glue it on to cover the holes but listen to everyone say it is too far forward
LOL that’s the only thing certain, that I have to explain whatever way I decide to go.

My guess is that unless they are installed upside down, very few will notice.

If there's a left right there will be different part numbers. If you have a parts book it will be there.

I don't see it. Looks good. They never were perfect cars... I'd leave it as is.

Neither one looks particularly correct to my eye.

This can suggest a couple of things-

A- the hood has been repaired and those holes hand drilled.
B- someone got a NOS or factory repair hood and drilled them extremely poorly.
C- someone did it as a joke.
D- it was a defect hood someone got cheap back in the day.

Neither one looks particularly correct to my eye.

This can suggest a couple of things-

A- the hood has been repaired and those holes hand drilled.
B- someone got a NOS or factory repair hood and drilled them extremely poorly.
C- someone did it as a joke.
D- it was a defect hood someone got cheap back in the day.
The only thing for sure is that we we will never know
And no one will see how much time I spend in order to make it aligned, only how it’s done.

Auto Transport Service
Back