• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cars

You guys that lived in that era sure had it good. You forgot power windows or crank... Like my GTX. Never seen one just like it.
Now days we have the option of blistering performance, if you can afford it. Inflation has made it so that an 18-25 year old most likely can't afford a new performance car like back in '69. If your lucky and can buy a new muscle car, you will have a common looking car. Down the road 25 years, the best we can hope for is having the cleanest surviving example. These cars won't be unique amongst themselves.

When I introduced my then 13yr old son to the 1970 he thought the high beam switch on the floor was the coolest thing ever.

Let's see if we can help you. All Ply intermediates serial # started with R indicating which line they were: second the model Belv(RL), Sat(RH), or Spt Sat(RP) RR(RM) or GTX(RS ), next is body style 21=coupe, 41=4dr, 23=2dr hdtp, and 27=convert. 5th character is engine, 6th is year ie 9=69, 7th indicates which plant the built. Belvederes were coupe or 4dr or sw as was Coro Dlx
Change the 1st character to W instead of R you have a Coronet
Charger easy XP29 Charger, XS29 CHARGER R/T, Charger 500 & Day were XX all were 2dr hdtp. I think there were only about 500 maybe 1000 at any rate not a lot Charger 500s. I was unaware of the early Daytona confusion.
So you see a CHARGER is not A CHARGER, it could be a performance Charger R/T, 500 or Daytona!

Auto Transport Service
Back