• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New drip rail stainless problem

69hemibeep

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
These things have the blue plastic protective coat on them and must be old, it peals off in tiny pieces. Is there something I could soak them in to loosen it up?

These things have the blue plastic protective coat on them and must be old, it peals off in tiny pieces. Is there something I could soak them in to loosen it up?
Goo gone might work well. Try whatever you decide first in a small area. The good news is stainless is nice and hard and will buff easily out!

DX 330 or 440 from PPG or equivalent. Not harsh but ask paint supplier. Only product I ever use but my 2 cents

Maybe try carefully a rubber eraser like what they use to remove decals and stripes with-out harming paint...

I'd try Mineral Spirits on the blue stuff. Soak it down real good and let it set a couple minutes.

Auto Transport Service
Back