• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birdhunter555

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for the add and greetings from Washington state! Growing up my Dad/Grandpa owned a handful of classics that we used to enjoy/tinker with, go to shows, etc. Over the years, they eventually sold them all and I started saving up to eventually buy my own when the last one was finally gone.

Well....wife and kids got in the way (in a good way of course I am very blessed!) and after 8 years of stashing away funds here and there I'm on the hunt for a 71-72 Road runner. Although my family never had one, I would occasionally see them at car shows and thought they were the coolest looking cars! (Still do!). I will hopefully keep the hobby going in my family and pass to my kids one day.

Hoping to eventually find one (here or on Craigslist, marketplace, etc). I didn't just join for the classifieds though. I hope to learn a ton from previous posts on here and will most likely seek advice/help in the future when I finally find the right one!

Hi All,

Thanks for the add and greetings from Washington state! Growing up my Dad/Grandpa owned a handful of classics that we used to enjoy/tinker with, go to shows, etc. Over the years, they eventually sold them all and I started saving up to eventually buy my own when the last one was finally gone.

Well....wife and kids got in the way (in a good way of course I am very blessed!) and after 8 years of stashing away funds here and there I'm on the hunt for a 71-72 Road runner. Although my family never had one, I would occasionally see them at car shows and thought they were the coolest looking cars! (Still do!). I will hopefully keep the hobby going in my family and pass to my kids one day.

Hoping to eventually find one (here or on Craigslist, marketplace, etc). I didn't just join for the classifieds though. I hope to learn a ton from previous posts on here and will most likely seek advice/help in the future when I finally find the right one!
Welcome and good luck with your search. Just place a wanted ad and hang on. There's cars around. You might want to search through the Mopars for sale forum for an ad that the car never sold.

Welcome!

There is a white on blue RR for sale in Yakima that I keep looking at (Facebook Marketplace). Yakima cars tend to be very light on rust and the engine is already rebuilt. 72 is a low production year and it still has the hard to find grill in it.

......you better get it before I do, because I'm slowly making space for it!

Welcome! Good luck with your search, look forward to seeing what you find.

Welcome!

There is a white on blue RR for sale in Yakima that I keep looking at (Facebook Marketplace). Yakima cars tend to be very light on rust and the engine is already rebuilt. 72 is a low production year and it still has the hard to find grill in it.

......you better get it before I do, because I'm slowly making space for it!
Thanks for the heads up. If I had more time that would be a good project. My kids are still young and take up a lot of my time, so looking for something turnkey. I tried to get over to the Satellite that was listed over in Vancouver last month, but someone got there a few days before I could!

Welcome, the right car will come your way. Just keep looking.

Welcome from Alabama, sounds like a good hunt. Best of luck. I sold my 72 RR probably 6-7 years ago.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_4149.jpeg

welcome , from warm sunny calif sfba . well i did have an early 71 bird , it was a builder , sold it . at least a friend bought it . it was just a 383 hp 727 auto on the column with the rr stripe kit . it was an odd color under that primer job .

71 RR dash.jpg

71 RR door pnl.jpg

71 RR eng well.jpg

71 RR eng with hood.JPG

71 RR frt end.jpg

71 RR intr .jpg

71 RR rear rt.jpg

71 RR rt frt side.jpg

71 RR rt rear side.jpg

Hi All,

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the add and greetings from sunny California! Growing up, my uncle had a collection of classic cars that we spent countless hours restoring and showing off at local car meets. When he passed, his collection was sold off, but my passion for classic cars only grew stronger.

Jack ;)

Good luck on the quest for a 71-72 RR

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back