• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New (old) member

Chatt69chgr1

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello to all---I was registered to this site years in the past under a different email address but couldn't reset my password as that email address no longer exists so I just re-registered under a new name. With all that said, I've been a member of the classic dodge charger website since back in 2007 and have over 2000 posts there (Chatt69chgr). I have a 69 charger that I bought in 2005 in barely running condition. Body was almost perfect. Car had 104,000 miles on it and was bought new by a in-law of mine. It had a 318/904/8-1/4 drivetrain and was not an R/T. Color was sort of a light mustard color with green interior. I pulled the drivetrain and tossed it. Going back with a 440/A-833/GearVendors/Strange S60. Rear is 3.55. Changing to front Mopar front discs and Bendix booster with correct Master. Body work has been done with frame connectors, torque boxes, and strengthened lower radiator support, exterior paint is R6 red and interior will be black. Car had A/C. I started buying parts in 2007 and worked on the car over the next two or three years and bought lots of parts but quit as the contract job I had required all of my time. My second retirement was in 2020 and now in the spring of 2024 I'm back on the Charger project. Note that I ordered a new 2009 Challenger R/T 6-speed hemi orange as I was worried I would never get the Charger project completed. It has 16,000 miles on it. So with all that said, I'm back working on the Charger. Got all the parts to rebuild the A-833, same for the instrument panel and HVAC box. Right now, I'm working on the steering column. The car came with column shift. I got hold of a 4-speed column for manual steering. Also had another complete column like the one that came in the car. I have disassembled all three and am derusting parts preparatory to painting. Got new upper and lower bearings and turn signal mechanism. The spring that is located at the bottom of the inner column tube is useable but I'd like a new one if I can find one. No luck so far on inet. Anybody got a line on one of these springs? Also wouldn't mind finding a really nice steering column to firewall plate. Odd that AMD has not re-popped that item. Of the three I had, one is not perfect but is useable. The other two were trash. I guess I've bored everyone with this diatribe so I'll shut up.

IMG_3155.gif

Welcome from Alabama, great introduction, now just add some pictures.

Welcome back to FBBO I sort of recognized the old name
440 833 4 speed w/Gear-venders & S-60
cool build, now we need photos :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back