• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NipponDenso starters

Never had an issue with one. Better than the old ones that Chrysler used for near forever. Technology has really made a difference with the mini-starters.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all I've used for quite some time. Much better than the old bricks from previously used by Chrysler. My 500" engines like them better.

Pretty sure you won't have problems...NipponDenso is what Chrysler used for years. You might find a Dakota or Ram starter from the 80s or 90s at the wreckers that fills your need, low cost. Plus, most of the old Densos were American made, the new ones are Chinese. About the only thing that needs attention on those starters is the contacts, and they're a cheap replacement part.

you can buy a starter for a 94 Dakota with 6 or 8 cylinder engine and it will bolt right in...for less than half the price of that one from NAPA....and with lifetime warranty

I bought a Denso 17466 starter for my 383. My question is where can I get the bolts for it?
Thank you

yeah this is a regular upgrade for our cars,ive got a pile of those starters.
the first time you start it,youll be like Wow!
ps,if you arent concerned about originality,grab the wiring harness for the starter too.

I personally think they have the best quality
It is a "STOCK" Toyota part, Denso is owned by Toyota.
Good quality
I have 2
One for the 440 built Max Wedge and one for the recently purchased 440 GTX (Engine soon to be installed)

You have to remove the big plastic cover on mini starters to fit older Mopars. There's a thread on here about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back