• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No place for an antenna

71_Duster

Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
When my Belvedere was repainted the previous owner shaved the antenna. With no antenna it's pretty hard to get reception. I bought one of those amplified ones that stick on the glass but when powered up from anywhere in the fuse box the radio picks up electrical noise, plus it looks ugly and out of place stuck on the glass.

Any fixes to this or do I need to make a hole in the fender again?

My 63 is the same although it came with no antenna OR hole. I was planning on just installing a hidden CD player, AM is worthless.

Eventually I want a hidden Fm receiver with an ipod hook up but still need an antenna for the FM

repunch out the hole. if ya need dimensions , let me know and ill measure my 66 belvy for ya!

Back in the '20's er maybe '30's some antennas on early radios were a piece of wire hung under the running boards on insulators Chevrolet sold one of these horrid abortions for the 40 Chiv

110Car&Dog.jpg

car_antenna.jpg

undercarant38chev.jpg

Or you could just become a "hamsexy whacker"

szboeq.jpg

3537729224_24d55651db.jpg

I might just repunch the hole, dimensions and pics would be awesome, sounds like a winter project.

My brother had a 35 Plymouth coupe and the antenna was chicken wire under the canvas roof insert.

heres a drawing of the dimensions.IMG_0046.jpg before you ask..i DO NOT know how big the hole is. youll have to fit it to the antenna you get. theyre all over EBAY.

Use a magnetic pickup to find the original location. Should be able to locate it and figure the size pretty close and just punch it in the same location. Just use a rubber glove between the magnet and paint to prevent scratching.

AM is worthless.

A sad reality it is. I remember well we used to have the coolest AM station in Macon. WNEX, AM 1400. A real shame what radio has become. Very few small town mom and pop stations left....AM or otherwise.

Sorry I got off subject.

Sorry about off topic post...but...

I had a friend who's dad was the engineer at a local AM station (circa 1989).

My friend would also que up the feeds and sometimes read the station checks.

Well, anyway to make a long story short, I got to have my own 2 hour AM Metal show every Saturday night from 8-10.

Didn't last very long (the owners told me I had to find $200 a week worth of sponsors, or pay it myself), but as far as Iknow, I'm the first to broadcast Mettalica on AM
:headbang:

...and right before the national anthem at sign off, thy always played the theme from Top Gun :)

...oh and I'd be carrefull drilling and cutting into an area tha tyou know already has body work. You could end up making a real mess depending on how much filler is there and where any welds and extra metal might be. if it were me, I'd be tempted to remove the fender and look real close at the underside.

Auto Transport Service
Back