• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS pcv valves 1969 and earlier V8 cars . a comparison

Last year I judged, I had a guy get pissy with me on Sunday morning when his 72 Duster didnt make top 3 . Jim Bielenda and the head judge went back and re judged the top 5 . Came back with my exact same choices . Owner was PISSED his pro done car got beat by a father and son home garage done car. But man that car was nice .

Havent done it since. And lost all interest to take a car to that level ,,,, ever.
August of 96, there was a show held in Las Vegas Nv, August? Vegas? What could go wrong??? :rofl:

Anyway it was the very first show I took my freshly completed Challenger vert to... First night we got there met a guy in the hotel bar... He was signed up for OE judging, He'd had his car OE level judged at the Mopar Nationals & Carlisle & hadn't received any level of certification at either event... So I asked him what he had changed on his car to improve his chances of getting his all important certificate.. His reply? Nothing! the car is perfect, the judges don't know what they are doing... Okay.. So, your thinking the car might be a obscure model the judges aren't familiar with... Nope! a 70 Challenger....

The next day I see him & his car in the OE judging tent... I go take a look, Generic hardware store bolts all over the place, 73-74 HP manifolds with the big ribs on them... Tail lights were re-chromed and the detail lines were ground out completely... Plenty of other stuff but not worth mentioning.. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice car, but not one I'd waste time & money on OE judging.... But the judges don't know what they are doing... Really?

Screw the OE cert, let's go for a drive...

Im in

20230414_124123.jpg

193486516_4747099671985835_5679192949011139485_n.jpg

194404782_4747107651985037_8426441675468914826_n.jpg

August of 96, there was a show held in Las Vegas Nv, August? Vegas? What could go wrong??? :rofl:

Anyway it was the very first show I took my freshly completed Challenger vert to... First night we got there met a guy in the hotel bar... He was signed up for OE judging, He'd had his car OE level judged at the Mopar Nationals & Carlisle & hadn't received any level of certification at either event... So I asked him what he had changed on his car to improve his chances of getting his all important certificate.. His reply? Nothing! the car is perfect, the judges don't know what they are doing... Okay.. So, your thinking the car might be a obscure model the judges aren't familiar with... Nope! a 70 Challenger....

The next day I see him & his car in the OE judging tent... I go take a look, Generic hardware store bolts all over the place, 73-74 HP manifolds with the big ribs on them... Tail lights were re-chromed and the detail lines were ground out completely... Plenty of other stuff but not worth mentioning.. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice car, but not one I'd waste time & money on OE judging.... But the judges don't know what they are doing... Really?

Don't know if you read where I mentioned I was a show judge for 2 years at the Mopar Nationals at the Houston track show and race. We judged race cars too and I really liked that part and yeah, we got the same crap with some owners but the one that got me where I didn't go to have my car in any show was a buddy of mine. He had a really nice 72 Cuda with a 440 in it and entered it into the stock class and won first place. The judges there either didn't know about that engine not being offered for 72 or what but he was laughing about it. Even asked him if he was going to keep the trophy and he said 'sure'. That's when I told him not to ask me to bring my 70 Challenger out anymore as I would just kept on driving it. The only things on mine that weren't original were the chrome VC's, the Accel dual point and the wheels which weren't hard to swap out. Just glad he didn't come through the lane I was working....

Auto Transport Service
Back