• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd column wires

Tomcat

Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
I pulled the column from my 71 roadrunner to install a steering box and rebuild the coupler, and discovered that I have some odd wires coming out of my column that I have not seen in my other 71s....... anybody know what these are for? The single yellow with a flat female connector and the 3 wire connection .......I have no idea what they're for?

20240505_160857.jpg

I pulled the column from my 71 roadrunner to install a steering box and rebuild the coupler, and discovered that I have some odd wires coming out of my column that I have not seen in my other 71s....... anybody know what these are for? The single yellow with a flat female connector and the 3 wire connection .......I have no idea what they're for?

View attachment 1658626
You most likely have a C-Body turn signal switch. The 3 wire connector is for cornering lights. If everything else works just tape them or tie them out of the way.

Cool. I was worried that I might have jerked those loose from somewhere that I wasn't familiar with, but it did occur to me that I might have an alternate harness in there too.
Thanks!

The single yellow wire is the key in courtesy light. It plugs to the time delay flasher system.

drvr_aid_wiring1.png

The three way plug as mentioned… cornering lights. On later years Mopar offered just this turning switch as a replacement for all bodies instead keep the production for each application

The single yellow wire is the key in courtesy light. It plugs to the time delay flasher system.

View attachment 1658819

The three way plug as mentioned… cornering lights. On later years Mopar offered just this turning switch as a replacement for all bodies instead keep the production for each application
That courtesy key light had also crossed my mind...I just hadn't seen that in my other 71s, so it all made sense when you guys brought up having an alternate signal switch in there.
I appreciate the info!

That courtesy key light had also crossed my mind...I just hadn't seen that in my other 71s, so it all made sense when you guys brought up having an alternate signal switch in there.
I appreciate the info!
It was an optional acc. Not every car got it. Tipically part pf the A02 package.

My bad… A01, not A02

71_Charger0021.jpg

Dunno if EXCLUSIVE included on package or also could ordered individually

(I know it says “available only in group” but code also includes the glove box light and I can’t recall a car without the glovebox light… or every car with glove box light also getting the ign key light )

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back