• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd help

Nice car. Just lose that bumper/headlamp setup for the correct setup.

1723039607168.png

This fender to bumper gap is correct. See how the fender hooks "over" the top of the bumper. There's barely any room. If you had a car with the fender trim and eyebrow trim, the trim closes that gap entirely

Probably have the whole 73/4 setup which would make the bumper proud. Very interesting. Does look bent

IMG_8461.png

Likely used the 73 bumper brackets too. They would have had to hack them a bit to make them work as the front frame bolt is different.

I looked up the code for the concealed headlamps and it's L37 not L31 as I mentioned before. That is the code for fender mounted turn signals.

Likely used the 73 bumper brackets too. They would have had to hack them a bit to make them work as the front frame bolt is different.

I looked up the code for the concealed headlamps and it's L37 not L31 as I mentioned before. That is the code for fender mounted turn signals.
Thanks, found the vin plate. Sadly no codes for hideaways

74473701747__A5A3FDB0-2C54-46A3-ACEE-27F64FAD5791.jpeg

Still a nice car even without the hideaways. Gold with the performance hood treatment and a 440 car.

If you decide to do hideaways you'll need a lot of stuff. Took the picture from engine perspective. As you can see just the primary bucket brackets are very different. I agree with others, I'd start with 72 bumper and hangers. I don't remember if the lower valance is the same

headlightbucket.jpg

100% certainty that you have a 73 hood and that the light pedestals are for a hidden headlight grill. For the grilles you are using, the correct ones would move the lights 1 inch forward.

Also, ..... it appears to me that the fenders are 73-74 which have 1" higher wheel arches than 72. Hard to be 100% sure from a photo, but I have both a 72 and a 73 so it is maybe a little more observable detail to me.

In any case, lots of wrecked cars got put back together in the day with "good enough" parts. I think you've got a great plan to find a straight bumper and hidden headlight grille. They should be able to fitted just fine with the 73-74 parts on the car. No reason to fuss with anything else. It'll still be a great looking car.

What is with the odd angle of the front bumper ? It should have the same gap, not diminishing. It definitely took a hit, or you and your dad didn't install it properly.

72 fenders are all by themselves, although they resemble 73-74 there bolt pattern is totally different along the hood line. As far as vents go, I know of a replacement dodge hood for a 71 SuperBee that did not have the normal 71 full cowl vent it was divided in the middle. Again car was in a fender bender and the replacement bulge hood came from ma mopar.

Does the bumper have a recess for the center emblem?
If it does it's a 72 bumper.
I see a jack slot so if it does not have a recess for that emblem, then it's a 73/74 bumper.

Also, it's not easy to swap bumper brackets between 71/72 and 73/74.
The 73/74 ISO K frame causes the bolt holes to be about 3/8" different in height.
You'd have to wallow the hell out of the holes or weld them up and drill new ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back