• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil filter question

Engine Masters did a filter test not too long ago....Wix was one of the good ones iirc.

Actually, way back when, I used to use Lee 2 Stage Maxi Filters. Then I used Purolator & Fram. After reading the oil filter study by the Knize family, I switched to Napa Gold or Wix. Been using them now for many years.

Wix makes Car Quest filters here in Canada.
They used to here as well. 5 or 6 years ago now, Carquest switched to Baldwin as their supplier. Supposed to be a good filter as well I hear.

I've used the labeled MOPAR filters for years liking the label; could be just a FRAM I've used or any number of filters coming from the same place. Change the oil and filter every spring when bringing it out...that's usually around 1000 to 1200 miles btw changes, I don't race it or beat it, so not overly concerned.

I’m versatile
IMG_3019.jpeg

We used Baldwin for our fleet years ago. They seemed pretty darn good.

I use Wix usually. Tried Mopar this year and oil looks dirty, unusual for this engine. Will switch back to wix next time.

Auto Transport Service
Back