• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok, new rubber so far...

ramairthree

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
still cant do passenger rear tire, brand new rim from wheelvintiques would not hold air.

225/70/14 on front, with blasted and painted old rims.
I have trim rings for these, but probably won't put them on.

RRTires002.jpg

I went with 275/60/15 in the rear. I did not have any old 15 inch rallys, and none near by. I bought new wheel vintiques. I just clear coated them, but then did not match any paint I had for the front ones, so painted the face with the same color I did the fronts in. Just off the shelf rattlecan.

RRTires001.jpg

RRTires006.jpg

This model car probably has some of the hugest front wheel wells in proportion to rear wheel wells of any two door car design I remember from back in that era.

I do more center caps. I have two of the older style caps,

137.jpg

three of these newer style,

136.jpg

and one of the funky ones with the wheel bearing cover built in that i dont know what went to.
135.jpg

just my luck I dont have a set. I dont have the 15 inch trim rings, so will probably go without. But I do need either two old style center caps, or one of the new ones, plus my bad rim that came replaced, my other 275 mounted, and I will be hitting the road. (if I survive the blow by fumes coming from my valve cover caps..., until this engine dies.)

They sure look good on it, If your looking for old style center caps, or the other newer one Try Member oxytousc (hope you know who i mean).. He may have something to fix you up... Good luck..

Back in the day, 1970's, I removed the trim rings from the Rallye Wheels on my 73 RR... they were always cutting the valve stems, sometimes completely off..

pain in the butts....:eusa_eh:

Auto Transport Service
Back