• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Chrysler Plymouth dealership

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
I went by there today (in the Charger) and couldn't believe the building is still there as well as the sign! This is in Martinez (the city where the martini was invented) and I remember when Duarte and Witting was a functioning dealership in the 80's. It must have closed down shortly after I remember it active. The part that has me intrigued is the for rent sign in the window. Hmmmm, maybe they want to sell the place...

photo1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

photo.jpg

That sign would be cool to own, too bad it doesn't say Dodge.

I actually have four Plymouths so it fits right in!

That would be a cool man-cave, or a working shop...but either way, some lawyer for Chrysler would probably have you remove the signage.

The sign is probably worth more than the building. I don't see any cracks in the sign.

The sign is probably worth more than the building. I don't see any cracks in the sign.

Haha! I saw the crack in the brick. If nothing else I'll try to get the sign!!!

Been years since I saw that place, cool sign for sure,
go for it Meeps, that'd make a great shop probably,
then you wouldn't even need to move the sign... "Maybe"

That is a cool building.

I love old dealership buildings and old gas stations. I would love to own one some day.

Thanks for posting

I'll take that Pentastar! How much is the rent on that place?

Interesting read none the less about what happened here. Looks like in 98 a guy named Nader bought the dealership remodeled it then the next year Chrysler announced it would be dropping Plymouth by end of 2001, this Nader guy filed suit and was judged against.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of-appeal/1464822.html

Meeps - awesome sign! What street is that on? My good friend Earl lives in Martinez and I bet when I was there last week I was less than a mile away, but I've never seen that sign.

Man, can only imagine the cool **** that might be stuffed away in the back !

I pulled these off an old real-estate link. Seems there was some sale activity about 6 yrs ago.

1cf4d79d0dd14422957de6843449875d.jpg8d98338aecbb444abb8826461f547971.jpgb8add66e67ce4c6db64d193f55105f59.jpgfa1d8981c03f49739eacb221ff781ead.jpg

R/T Garage here in Minnesota has converted an old Chevy dealership into their new Mopar shop....really cool. :headbang: Check them out at thertgarage.com.

R/T Garage here in Minnesota has converted an old Chevy dealership into their new Mopar shop....really cool. :headbang: Check them out at thertgarage.com.

That is awesome!! Love the old pic too. Where in MN? I have friends there.

Auto Transport Service
Back