• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omaha Orange road runner

KAPSBIRD

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Im super curious how many Omaha Orange road runners are left? Any way to check?. any help would be great

id like to sell mine this yr at some point

Last edited:
68 or 69?
As I understand it Omaha was discontinued early in the 69 run, so fairly rare even when new.

Mopar didn't keep track of how many of a certain color, only percentages. That info is available somewhere, I just don't know where.
I have percentages of known examples of A12 cars.... but that won't help, Omaha was discontinued long before the A12s came out.
Maybe try Chysler Historical? A search here should tell you how to get in touch....

Mopar didn't keep track of how many of a certain color, only percentages. That info is available somewhere, I just don't know where.
I have percentages of known examples of A12 cars.... but that won't help, Omaha was discontinued long before the A12s came out.
Maybe try Chysler Historical? A search here should tell you how to get in touch....

thank you very much

Would the 'Omaha Orange' be a *999 code color ?

not sure the rarity of it
adds much if any value over a Vitamin C Orange K2

Mopar Paint Chips 1969-Plymouth-pc.jpg

Would the 'Omaha Orange' be a *999 code color ?

not sure the rarity of it
adds much if any value over a Vitamin C Orange K2

View attachment 1277202
my fender tag has 99 99 on it
Yep, the limited edition or special order colors were designated 9x. KAPSBIRD's 99 99 shows a special color (actually could be the special orange or green) ,and the roof and body the same.
My Bahama yellow (butterscotch on a Dodge) 69 shows 96 96, contrary to Budnicks chart.
There is a video on you tube of all 24 1969 roadrunner colors on actual cars. I think the info board for each car/color shows the fender tag code.
Edit: just watched the video again..... Omaha was 99, Rally green could be 97, 97E, or 99, Bahama 96, 96E, or 99. Maybe the code used depended on which assy plant.....?

Last edited:

Colors were not tracked for MY 1969.

Vitamin C was introduced, virtually replacing Omaha Orange, in March of 1969. The Omaha Orange cars seems to skew heavily toward the fall of 1968.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/PIBs/1969/PIB 12 p1.jpg

A guy in the area that I have known for a long time has a 1968 SuperBee that is Omaha Orange with a flat black hood. He is the original owner and says it was that colour when he bought it new at McManus Motors in nearby London, Ontario. This is the same dealership that sold my 1964 Polara new. I bought a new 1969 SuperBee, so know quite a lot about these cars. I have always thought his story sounded strange, so I will try to get a look at his build tag.

Auto Transport Service
Back