• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Mileage

249,000 miles on my red 70 R/T. 189,000+ put on it over the last 36 years by me. Still unrestored as is today.

IMG_3579.jpg

I bought mine showing 92,600 in Oct 2020

As of last week its -----

This car gets driven. And lately more so by my daughters then myself

6666.jpg

I gave some thoughts to try and buy the unrestored 66 that Tony D used to own.

But with it only being a 6000 miles car. I just couldnt do it . I have no use for a garage ornament

Tony-D.jpg

I gave some thoughts to try and buy the unrestored 66 that Tony D used to own.

But with it only being a 6000 miles car. I just couldnt do it . I have no use for a garage ornament

View attachment 1733235
I still would have bought it and drove the hell out of it. Original or not. They are cars. They are meant to be transportation, and meant to be driven.

I still would have bought it and drove the hell out of it. Original or not. They are cars. They are meant to be transportation, and meant to be driven.
Yep, mine had 9906 on it when we bought it. Sure isn't gonna stay there... just looked and it's at 10,386 now.

Yep, mine had 9906 on it when we bought it. Sure isn't gonna stay there... just looked and it's at 10,386 now.
A guy I know bought an all original survivor 73' charger with 3200 miles years ago. He is up to 28,000 miles now. It's good to see it being driven.

Yes, but if you could buy another one to your liking for less money.... why bother? Use the extra money for another Mopar. Or gas to drive it more.

With ultra low miles and originality: some gasket is just going to blow out on you, old hard trans seal leaks, power steering O-ring. Does not make for a very reliable driver. Especially if it's got options with wearable parts.

Yes, but if you could buy another one to your liking for less money.... why bother? Use the extra money for another Mopar. Or gas to drive it more.

With ultra low miles and originality: some gasket is just going to blow out on you, old hard trans seal leaks, power steering O-ring. Does not make for a very reliable driver. Especially if it's got options with wearable parts.
Very true. Fix it as needed and keep driving it.

When it was coming up for auction. I gave it some thoughts as it was right about the time I was getting serious on a car. Deep down, I thought the car would top 100k. Which was well above my max budget . BUT,,,, It didnt . It barely broke mid 70s Which IMO was a steal for the car.
Dealer bought it and quickly flipped it and Ive no idea where it is today

I paid well under that for the one I own. And Im much happier with my car.
These ultra low miles unrestored survivor cars are simply not for me. I cant afford a garage ornament just to say I have it

My Superbird is an original mile car, now at 74,*** miles. My 67 green GTX just turned over 91K miles. This one that arrived yesterday is a 24K mile original.
IMG_6697 (1).jpg
20240926_143234.jpg
20240926_145622.jpg

I bought my car from a very good friend of mine. The car was finished in 2004, I bought it Oct 2020.
In 16 years, he had put a grand total of 850 miles on it.

I put more than that on it the 1st 3 months I owned it

Hey, we get 5 months of questionable driving weather up here and I'm at Camp for 4.5 of it.... I'm doing the best I can! :poke: :luvplace:

I'm in southern AZ I can,,,,, and DO drive my car year round

Ive actually been asked / questioned if its even real because It gets seen out and about A LOT. People have given me kudos many times for the fact I drive the car as much as I do.

Youngest daughter and I took it to a local cruise last nite for Ice Cream , she drove.

20240907_084744.jpg

Freddies1.jpg

I've put more miles on mine in two years of ownership than the previous owner did in 28. Driven to Carlisle every year, I don't own a car trailer. Each year I correct another problem brought on by lack of use. The car should be completely sorted out by the time I'm gone.

IMG_0530.jpeg

68 RR Gauge Cluster #2 July 2012.JPG
68 RR Gauge tach.jpg
68 RR Gauge Steering wheel July 2012.JPG
I put the Tuff wheel on it
light was too shitty, bad flash bounce back
my current 68 RR, my 13th RR
it's like 69,000+ (69,127 IIRC) miles now,
it was org owned by a carpenter in Rio Linda,
he drove it around Sacramento area as his daily driver, until 1989-ish
& sparingly till about 2000-ish parked it under a lean too, next to his house,
died some short time later
the daughter inherited it, drove it a few times to Sac State college
she sold it to some guy in Mclallen AFB Sacramento area housing after it shut down,
he put like 200 miles on it, put a POS Edelbrock/Weber 1407 with elect. choke
& put stereo in it & parked it again,
couldn't figure out why it kept dying on him
the carb & ignition was junk, when I bought it, fuel system/tank & sender was trashed

I'm not the org owner & certainly not my car from HS...
I bought it in Dec. 2005, it was rough but very lil' rust & all there...
was mostly Org. too

after a couple years of doing a lil' body work here & there
painted in Ultra Flat Black temporarily like 12 year :poke:
68 RR #16 Driveway front ds Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.JPG

My driver now back to the OE color (with my flavor, touches added) LL1 Surf Turquoise Poly Metallic
68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4 PS frt.JPG

68 RR #29 479ci-6bbl #6 AN lines & phenolic spacers ps.JPG

My 1st good car in HS, that was a 68 Charger R/T GG1/Black,
$350 from a divorced neighbor lady, ex-wife of CCC Sherrif
live by my mom in Antioch Ca. (I was up in Graden Valley living with my dad)
1974 I just turned 15 in July got my permit bought that car the day before my 15th BD
had about 50,000 miles on it, when I got... I have slides of it, no real photos...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back