• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Out with the blue in with the orange.

Plumcrazy

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
It's time to stop looking at the motor and start putting it in it's new home.:yes:

DCP_1826.JPG

DCP_1827.JPG

What the heck??? All i need to do is take the radiator cap off and its done?? Are you going to take it back out to finish assembly?

Radiator cap is still off....I love the Performer RPM heads though....good heads

What's the tray in the valley for? That to keep oil off the bottom of the intake? I'm relatively sure that's not a "broken parts catcher" like they sell for Chevys:HappyNewYear:

What's the tray in the valley for? That to keep oil off the bottom of the intake? I'm relatively sure that's not a "broken parts catcher" like they sell for Chevys:HappyNewYear:

That's to set the oily rag on that you'll eventually wonder if you removed before buttoning up the intake.

That's to keep the hot oil off the intake. I grooved the lifter bores to shoot oil directly onto the cam lobes. I thought it would be a good idea to add that shield. :HappyNewYear:

Good idea.

I nearly hurt myself laughing the first time I saw a chevy broken parts catcher screen in a Summit catalog years ago. That alone should tell you about the relative quality and durability of one:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Auto Transport Service
Back