• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painless wiring loom

johnpblack

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi people.
Has anyone else used a painless wiring loom?
I'm now on to wiring the dash. I did not have the old loom to copy, and the painless diagram has not been helpful with the dash.
If anybody has pictures of the back of theirs or what wires go to where that would be great.
Much appreciated

Best advice you'll get ... buy a stock or reproduction dash harness. Modify it as necessary.

Wiring the car is a piece of cake ... except the dash - that's a nightmare !!!

I agree, get a harness that's specific to your car. Painless stuff is ok for a race car, but otherwise a harness for your dash will be much easier to install.

Do you have a colour diagram?
Aren’t the wires labeled?
The wires are labeled but it's to what goes where on the back of the dash.
What wires have to be spliced.
What is the main power source to the back.
Sorry I'm a complete novice with wiring.
Problem is I have already bought and started installing a complete new painless wiring harness.

Worst part of any aftermarket harness is the turn signal switch and dash. Then all of the secondary stuff like wiper, interior lights etc etc. The easier way to go is reproduction harness.

And $200 is way too much for a harness that needs ANY work - IMHO !!

My 68 is at Painless Wiring right now getting the entire car rewired. I should have a ton of pictures and diagrams here very shortly I'd be happy to share.

charger wiring.jpg

painless charger.jpg

My 68 is at Painless Wiring right now getting the entire car rewired. I should have a ton of pictures and diagrams here very shortly I'd be happy to share.

View attachment 1703865

View attachment 1703866
That would be great.
I have most of the wiring done I am just onto the gauges I can't seem to get them to work.
Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back