• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking brake grommet for floorboard 68-70 b body

Vicb440

Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi I have a 68 satelite and I want to know how do I put the grommet with the metal tabs that goes in the firewall on my front parking brake cable. I got a replacement grommet and all new cables because one was frozen and locking the car from moving. Do I need to cut a slit in the grommet or are there other methods?

Had the same dilemma a week ago. Best I can tell you push it up to the hole so the tabs protrude inside and then you bend them over. Not the best idea for sealing for sure !! Helps if you have someone holding the grommet while you bend the tabs.

DO NOT CUT A SLIT IN THE GROMMET. Slide the tail end through the grommet first then feed the cable to the back. Feed the front end in through the firewall hole and connect to the pedal assembly. You do all the feeding from the front wheelwell.

Hi I have a 68 satelite and I want to know how do I put the grommet with the metal tabs that goes in the firewall on my front parking brake cable. I got a replacement grommet and all new cables because one was frozen and locking the car from moving. Do I need to cut a slit in the grommet or are there other methods?
could you post a pic please,mine is all rubber 1970 charger.
1726877756653.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back