• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie crust cheater slicks and a 63 plymouth

Rolling Thunder

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Looking to buy some pie crust cheater slicks down the line for my 63 wagon and wanting to get some suggestions on what the best size would be. Will be using 15x8 steels with 4.5 backspacing with otherwise stock suspension. Any recommendations on width/tire height sizes? I want the old school look so I am staying away from modern slicks.

Pic is of my car. I like the look of the size of the slicks on the red 63 dodge example posted.

63 wagon.jpg

I'm sure you've said before, but is that an original 2 door wagon?

:grin:Nope, made it. Took out all the 4dr stuff and welded in 2dr quarters and bolted in 2dr sedan doors. I wanted to convert a 4dr sedan to 2dr and found this wagon, gears started turning and next thing you know I've got a "momad"

She's getting ready for a rebuild. Have the new driveline to go in her, new front fenders, new seals, interior and more. Gonna strip her out and start again sometime soon.

I like a kinda tall tire to fill the B-body wheelwell as I think it needs at least a 28" tall tire to look good. That looks like about a 29 x 10 maybe on the red Dodge. I know my tires are more modern but these are 30 x 9's and they fit great on my car and hook fine at the track. Ron

kirbycruise.jpg

Good looking combo Ron. I just bought a pair of wide steels and pulled these out of the trash a couple weeks ago. Gonna redo them and put on the front.

0310001927.jpg

pies

I run a 820-15 10" x 29" tall Radir which are made by M&H and are the biggest you can put on a stock wheel well.
Hpe this helps:grin:

IMGP1380.jpg

IMGP1387.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back