• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pin stripe??

wedgee

Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Here I go again...pin stripe, 68 roadrunner, does anyone out there have pics of these or info on them, anything at all....from black and white photos, I know mine had them day one. Assuming they were white. Were they dealer add- ons or factory. Help

I will have to get the pictures from my old computer. I restored 2 68 Road Runners and had them pinstriped at the same time.
We had documented both before hand.
It was quite a sight.

I've seen pinstripes along the top body ridge on some satellites and then the dual side pinstripes on GTX's. I've never seen a Road Runner with pinstripes.

Photos please
RR Ft Walton Beach FL March 1968 the day he bought it (1)pinstripe.jpg

That stripe in post #6 on the 68 looks identical to the stripe on my 69. (Following is 69 info, however)
The stripe may or may not be indicated on the fender tag. 1/8" wide painted -on stripe with a Beuglar (spelling?)tool. V7* code, depending on color.
(Again, 69 info)Available in black, red, blue, white, or green.

That stripe in post #6 on the 68 looks identical to the stripe on my 69. (Following is 69 info, however)
The stripe may or may not be indicated on the fender tag. 1/8" wide painted -on stripe with a Beuglar (spelling?)tool. V7* code, depending on color.
(Again, 69 info)Available in black, red, blue, white, or green.
I'm guessing, but the option will probably be on the build sheet only.

There is a bunch of pinstriping on my 33, probably done with a beuglar, but even with a quality tool like that, I KNEW I didn't have the talent to do that. The body shop that painted it got it done, I doubt that they did it themselves.
I don't know if the wheels were done freehand, or with a machine, but they are well done, either way.

IMG_20231006_080655.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back