• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plating color question

Smithboys69

Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
I would like to ask a general question about the correct plating color (s) to have an original Midland Ross brake booster restored to. I have shipped my booster to Brake Booster Exchange to have them rebuild it. When filling out the shipping form they ask for plating color requests, special instructions etc. I am not sure of the correct coloring of the original booster. Can anyone with a more concourse car tell me what this would be for a 69 Dodge Charger? Mine was built Sept 8 1968. I have a rotisserie restoration so would like to be as nice as possible to make it look right under the hood as it's a keynote part you see right away. Thanks for any advice or pictures you may have!

someone will answer for sure but I'm of the impression that they were just black paint along with the master cylinder and cap.

I would like to ask a general question about the correct plating color (s) to have an original Midland Ross brake booster restored to. I have shipped my booster to Brake Booster Exchange to have them rebuild it. When filling out the shipping form they ask for plating color requests, special instructions etc. I am not sure of the correct coloring of the original booster. Can anyone with a more concourse car tell me what this would be for a 69 Dodge Charger? Mine was built Sept 8 1968. I have a rotisserie restoration so would like to be as nice as possible to make it look right under the hood as it's a keynote part you see right away. Thanks for any advice or pictures you may have!
IMO....A Midland-Ross booster (single OD clamp band) is usually a ZINC -DICHROMATE color.....sort of a yellowish silver color as OEM. i believe both the Bendix single diaphragm and tandem diaphragm boosters were painted a semi-gloss to almost flat black color......
BOB RENTON

IMO....A Midland-Ross booster (single OD clamp band) is usually a ZINC -DICHROMATE color.....sort of a yellowish silver color as OEM. i believe both the Bendix single diaphragm and tandem diaphragm boosters were painted a semi-gloss to almost flat black color......
BOB RENTON
Thank you for the reply. This is the information I am looking for. I have my booster sent out for restoration and just want some information in my pocket for when they call with a quote. I appreciate it!

BOB RENTON
I concur with Bob

Auto Transport Service
Back