• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plug and wire suggestions MSD Pro Billet/ TFS 270

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
What do you guys suggest for plug wires? MSD makes a 8.5mm kit, summit has a Taylor 8mm set, and I have also heard of the custom sets.

Also, what plugs for a street strip 512 with Trick flow 270 heads and 10.5:1 compression on 93 octane?

Personally, I would avoid Taylor’s. My buddy put a set on his Ford and in less than a year it looked like a lightning storm when you opened the hood after dark.

MSD are OK, I have a set on a 454 and they’re holding up just fine. I’ve run MOROSO on my 440 with headers, no complaints. I won a gift certificate for FireCore wires this summer. When the season is over I plan to measure up the MOROSO’s and have FireCore do a custom set to the same specs. Everyone says FireCore is top tier, I look forward to giving them a try…

Msd has a proven track record and you can buy spare parts

The wires are a crap shoot, as the test below shows. Use NGK 5 heat range plugs.

img331.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back