• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pollution controll 1967 ? CAP ?

I have seen the letter that Chrysler wrote to dealer. Just can't find a copy right now. The 66 hemi (low production) was give and exemption. If you look at Carter documents along with Chrysler, the 66 hemi had none of the Carb or distributor attributes of the 67 Cap Hemi. Own carb with leaner idle, and retarded timing and large mechanical advance cam, etc... 67 was first year for Hemi CAP.

That document I posted gives specific tune up spec for specific motor and transmission combination listed by the distributor numbers.

I'm sorta surprised I don't have the document that Dragon Slayer has. I just have a doc about a 1966 RO21 Hemi Super Stock that didn't happen. :(

I think the long time owner of my 66 Hemi had that document ready for the smog station people. He had it in So Cal from 1969 till 1996. I have all smog receipts. One year he had to go to a referee. Total PITA.

Is it right that the 66 Hemi carbs aren't the best performance?

Auto Transport Service
Back