• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Line Fitting Size?

67Survivor!

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
I need a shorter hose for my pump to gear. Does anyone know the flare fitting sizes? I know I could remove the old hose, but I'm out of town and would like to have the new hose ready when I return. It's a stock setup.

Thanks!

I need a shorter hose for my pump to gear. Does anyone know the flare fitting sizes? I know I could remove the old hose, but I'm out of town and would like to have the new hose ready when I return. It's a stock setup.

Thanks!
If you have a stock setup, the hose length should be correct. What don't you like about the hose?
Mike

The original hose routing (at least on a 66) is not intuitive.
It originally went up over the valve cover actually on the inside of the breather (towards the carb side) and then back over towards the inner fender.
You almost never see them routed in the original "factory correct" way.

In April I had to replace the pressure line on my 67 wagon since I popped it. Has a 440 with a Saginaw pump, swapped in by the PO. On this combo, I used an FVP 70333 hose from Rock Auto. Its 1/4" SAE flare[ female on the hose] on the box and 3/8" inverted flare[ male fitting on the hose] on the pump. Need to figure out which pump and fitting combo you have as there could be other combos. Luckily mine showed up for the 67. Have any pics of yours?

Auto Transport Service
Back