• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Properly identifying 1970 B body bucket seats

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey, I posted on here about this before. I’m planning on maybe driving a couple of hours to pick up some buckets out of a 70 b body…I’m just trying to verify they are the right year model before driving there. I technically only need the driver side, but he has both for $700. They look correct but recovered to me, but I have also seen some later 70s buckets from other dodge platforms that look similar. Anything specific that easily sets them apart? It seems like the latches and latch covers are right for a 70/71.

Sorry if it’s repetitive, I just want to try to be positive it’s what I need before taking a drive.

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

Hey, I posted on here about this before. I’m planning on maybe driving a couple of hours to pick up some buckets out of a 70 b body…I’m just trying to verify they are the right year model before driving there. I technically only need the driver side, but he has both for $700. They look correct but recovered to me, but I have also seen some later 70s buckets from other dodge platforms that look similar. Anything specific that easily sets them apart? It seems like the latches and latch covers are right for a 70/71.

Sorry if it’s repetitive, I just want to try to be positive it’s what I need before taking a drive.

View attachment 1697942

View attachment 1697943

View attachment 1697944

View attachment 1697945

View attachment 1697946
Closer observation is the hinges and seats could be 70/71 so then covers aren’t correct for 70 Charger it I’ll take pics of mine on the shed tomorrow for you

These look like 70-71? Seems right to my untrained eye. But the foam and cover look wrong. I just need a solid set of cores. Most sets are over $1k these days.

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3911.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3907.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back