• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pushbutton A727 shavings in pan...

Hi Dave, correct. This is a pushbutton A727, so it's got the rear pump and I am using the filter that has the 2 intake ports on it.

The shiny bits of glitter and other foreign matter is in fact aluminum, none of the debris is sticking to the magnet, the magnet that was in the pan was pretty much the "only" foreign matter that was sticking to the magnet.

I've had my suspicions that the Torque converter is failing, unfortunate, as it's only been about 500 miles since the transmission has been rebuilt and the NEW Torque converter from Hughes.

This is the exact filter I'm using.
WIX # 58658

View attachment 1729538
Yeah, that's the right filter. In my years of rebuilding 727's, I have had a couple of cases where new aftermarket torque converters were bad. Installing your original may pin point the problem, But BIG PITA installing and possibly removing transmission again.

Give them a chance to make it right.
I plan on that, most likely.
At this point I'm considering getting a step 1 lower Torque converter, the current one is a 2000 stall, woke up the 361.

but I've got horrible mileage now. Somewhere about 1800 stall sounds close to factory and probably good enough for a daily driver.

MPG's were about 18, but on good days I can get 21?

Yeah, that's the right filter. In my years of rebuilding 727's, I have had a couple of cases where new aftermarket torque converters were bad. Installing your original may pin point the problem, But BIG PITA installing and possibly removing transmission again.
It's just as you say, I don't like to complain and b*itch about everything, but unfortunately it's a "$hit happens moment" but at least make a product that doesn't out right fail. It's a pain in the @$$ enough of getting the tranny out.
(First time pulling the tranny again lol)

Huge respect to those that pulls transmissions right away after realizing it needs to come back out, I've been stalling in regards to my trans.

This was me roughly 6 months back, pulling the original transmission out.
Time for some deja vu again.

PXL_20231207_025225127.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back