• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 lower control arms.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
I’ve looked around and can’t find a good answer. I have QA1 lower control arms but I’m getting conflicting info about sway bars.

1. You can’t use a factory sway bar with them.
2.You can use an ebody sway bar but must have the qa1 kmember.
3.addco sway bar?
4.hotchkis sway bar.
Anybody know if they sell a sway bar mounting tab for the QA1 lowers?

Not saying the QA1 lowers are bad but I would use the OEM lowers with the reinforcement plates welded in and a Poly bushing. You could fab some sway bar mounts and go with a bigger bar for sure. The price to buy them is Crazy if they even make them for a B-Body. A-Body tabs are stupid $$$ for what they are. Maybe PST has something?? Some Angle Iron and creative fab/ welding is what I will do for my A.

I have some metal I could fab something up I'm sure. But wondering why in the hell they didnt make it a direct fit for sway bar cars I guess so they can sell a damn kit. K-Member uppers and lowers with the dynamic link strut bar.

I have QA1 LCAs. I tried mounting a Summit-branded sway bar made by Hellwig. It had 90 degree tabs that bolted to the shock mounts (like these). The problem I ran into was that the sway bar ends interfered with my QA1 strut rods, so I sent it back. It might work with narrower, stock-style strut bars but I don't know.

no stock K-Member
The only restriction I know of, is if you run the Subframe, you have to use a 70 or later sway bar.. I run the Lower Arms, subframe, and Hotchkis TVS..

The only restriction I know of, is if you run the Subframe, you have to use a 70 or later sway bar.. I run the Lower Arms, subframe, and Hotchkis TVS..
Do you have a picture of your setup by any chance?

What arms do you have ? Yeah, pics would help. I have tubular arms with stock sway bar, no problemo.

I purchased the QA1 tubular lower control arms. But Was reading saying I couldnt use the 69 sway bar. But I read that you could use a 70 E-Body sway bar. I was just looking at the setups for a 69 and 70 to compare.

1970 K-Frame

20180325_163346.jpg

1969 Sway Bar. The only real difference I see is that the 69 is more forward But the tabs are still the same on the stock lower control arms. Doesn't make much sense that a stock sway bar wont work. But I see how the 70 runs through the k member. And its actually shorter and that may be the difference where it hooks up to the control arm.
img_1985-jpg.jpg

So I guess my next and last question is will a 70 sway bar fit through the 69 K frame?

I have QA1 LCAs. I tried mounting a Summit-branded sway bar made by Hellwig. It had 90 degree tabs that bolted to the shock mounts (like these). The problem I ran into was that the sway bar ends interfered with my QA1 strut rods, so I sent it back. It might work with narrower, stock-style strut bars but I don't know.
Did you try a factory sway bar and angle brackets?
Any photos of the interference??

I have a 70 style mounted under the 69 K-Member and hooked up to the QA1's It works just as good. Its not really any different than the factory 69. Just moved the mounting brackets over a little.

I have sway bar brackets for a 69, that you can use on QA1 LCA’s with the factory 69 sway bar.

Does someone (or you) sell these brackets? I'm pretty much sold on just going full upper and lower QA1's but would like to use the factory sway bar (using stock K frame, 71 Sebring). Do you have to weld them onto the QA1 lower or is it just a simple bolt on?

I purchased the QA1 tubular lower control arms. But Was reading saying I couldnt use the 69 sway bar. But I read that you could use a 70 E-Body sway bar. I was just looking at the setups for a 69 and 70 to compare.

1970 K-Frame

View attachment 1370086

1969 Sway Bar. The only real difference I see is that the 69 is more forward But the tabs are still the same on the stock lower control arms. Doesn't make much sense that a stock sway bar wont work. But I see how the 70 runs through the k member. And its actually shorter and that may be the difference where it hooks up to the control arm.
View attachment 1370097
But the tabs are still the same on the stock lower control arms. No they aren't... The 70 & up sway bar tabs are inboard probably 3.5"

1970 & up
DSC04514.jpeg

1969 & earlier
IMG_0447.jpeg

Yep you are correct I misspoke on that. I can be wrong and was lol. Still wonder where he got those tabs or if he made them. I should have edited my post because I knew the 70 sway bar was wider than the 69.

Auto Transport Service
Back