• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Broadcast Sheet hunters!!

496coronet

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Good evening! I have a question for all those who like to hunt for Broadcast Sheets.
Is it more likely to find the cars Broadcast Sheet below the back seat than any other place? I've heard below the carpet, under the driver's seat, above the glove box door, etc. BUT I've never personally found one anywhere but under the springs of the rear sheet bottom. All the cars (about five) I've had experience with that had a Broadcast Sheet were built at Lynch Road. Anyone have some experience to share about St. Louis? I've read one fellow's post that below the carpet was common for St. Louis '67 B-Bodies.
Thank you, Kevin

I just removed several pieces of one from under the carpet. It wasn't readable. The rear seat bottom didn't have one, the backs of the bucket seats were removed and none there. I haven't gotten to the back of the rear seat, but have found many there. The glovebox liner was destroyed, but sometimes there could be one taped to the top of it.
The first 67 that I bought new had one in the seat springs on the bottom of the drivers seat, but I was ignorant as to what it was at that time, so I removed it and trashed it. That's what 19 year old kids do. I was just putting wedge speakers under the seats and 2 6X9's in the package tray. Stereo man!!!
20240604_122204.jpg

My 1971 car--the broadcast sheet was behind the rear seat upright cushions; not the bottom of the rear seat.

My experience with 4 67 B's built in St. Louis. All had a broadcast sheet under the rear seat bottom. 3 of the 4 had additional sheets under the rear carpet - mostly trashed. 1 had a very nice one lightly folded and placed in the rear seat back. 1 had 2-3 extras from other cars.

I recently read that some were found in the front seat backs.....so for sh^%s and giggles I looked behind mine...no luck.
Nothing in the rear seats either

My GTX was totally stripped down to a shell & rebuilt. No sheet though. I was hoping that maybe....just maybe the restorer might have put the sheet back in the seat back or even a copy (like I did in my old Charger)

bCsheet.jpg

My 67 Coronet R/T was a LA built car, and had 2 broadcast sheets under the rear footwell carpet
IMG_4075.jpeg
IMG_4074.jpeg

My '70 Charger built in St. Louis:

Rear seat cushion. My BS & a different car BS

Driver's bucket seat cushion (remnants)

Passenger's bucket seat cushion (remnants)

Nothing under the carpet

Haven't checked the headliner

Haven't thoroughly checked under the dash, or above the glove box liner.

Last edited:
My 1966 Satellite convertible St. Louis plant. Found one under back seat another under driver's seat carpet.

THANK YOU to all for sharing!
When I brought home my '67 R/T, it had no sheet. Guy I bought the car from wasn't even sure what I was talking about when I asked about the broadcast sheet. He was owner no. 3.
Owner before him had the car since the 1980's. I tracked this guy down to ask him if he had seen or maybe had the broadcast sheet. He told me he "remembers seeing it about the time he had the interior restored". When I heard that, I thought the sheet was long gone. But, I got to know the fellow and bought a few parts from him over a couple of years. I'd always ask him to let me know if he finds the broadcast sheet.
I also literally prayed every once in a while, asking God to help me find the broadcast sheet! Not the most noble thing to pray for, but I did it anyway.
Then, one evening, I was standing in the kitchen and this guy phones me and asks me if I still want the broadcast sheet for my dark turquoise 4-speed R/T. He found it in some "old papers". Not in mint condition, but very readable. I drove the better part of a day to pick it up. Based on the marks, looks like it came out from behind a seat somewhere.
This car was built in Lynch Road.
I got a lead on a one-owner R/T built at St. Louis. Car is a two-day drive away, one way. Owner doesn't know if the sheet is there, and doesn't want to tear into the interior unless I buy the car. I understand his position and will respect it. High price tag, more than I've ever paid on any automobile and I'm 55 years old. I'm going to gamble that the sheet is there somewhere, get this thing home, say my prayers and take apart the interior. Hopefully I can stop after the rear seat bench is out.

I could be wrong but my BS was on the bottom of seat. Maybe if you are there he'll let you pull bottom half of seat? Don't tell you want to do that, could offer $50 to pull it, a little sneaky but you have your answer. If your in good shape 10/15 mins to pull and install. Has anyone found a BSin upper half of back seat?

I could be wrong but my BS was on the bottom of seat. Maybe if you are there he'll let you pull bottom half of seat? Don't tell you want to do that, could offer $50 to pull it, a little sneaky but you have your answer. If your in good shape 10/15 mins to pull and install. Has anyone found a BSin upper half of back seat?
Yes

Yes, once. It wasn't in the springs, but lightly folded and stuck in the frame. Same car also had one in the rear seat bottom under the springs and 2 more under the carpet - all for that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back