• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quote for Engine/Trans rebuild

DartProject62

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Weird situation. Couple years back I stored an engine and trans (225 /6, and 904 original to 1962 Dodge Dart I think) at a buddies place. He and his wife agreed to store it and the front/back glass. They agreed to store it while some body work happened (which fell through) and continue to store it while I went active duty military.

Buddy and wife got divorced and she went a little crazy. Locked him out and let her kid from a prior marriage take over garage. Engine and tranny got moved outside, in the rain and uncovered. At some point the idiot kid dropped the block and broke the intake, it now has a hole in it.

Engine was rebuilt and only had 8k miles. Teams was in good condition but did leak.

Sue to the divorce, I need to get quotes for rebuild of both, or quote to get back in like condition. Looking for shops near Boise Idaho or within 500 miles.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!!

16FF98D8-C165-41BD-9B48-8C1A04DF7C67.jpeg

AC47185E-773C-47C8-A6F1-EE15298F42B0.jpeg

663F6402-E078-4B2C-8C23-1F5C1AAC56D2.jpeg

I will do it if you kill, er, I mean sue my ex wife too

Hahah, not licensed in Washington, but would be more than happy to in Idaho!

When you keep saying agree,, you mean that you paid them for storage correct?

Time to write it off, and move on. Less aggravation and $$$.

Somewhat, traded services. Should be good on the legal side

Really. Feels like a looser to me. Exactly how long did they have it? Can you even prove it’s yours. Contract, other evidence?

Good luck.

Really. Feels like a looser to me. Exactly how long did they have it? Can you even prove it’s yours. Contract, other evidence?

Good luck.
I’m good on the legal side. I am an Idaho attorney, evidentiary-wise, I’m squared away. Parties admit it was mine, I can prove they damaged it.

Just looking for quotes so I can get a judgment in that amount.

Pity the fool that messes with a lawyer’s Mopar stuff.
Plenty to go after my ex for, she did everything but rip the tag off the mattress, although I think she did wear it off when I was working out of town.

I think you could call it 5000 on the mill and 1500 on the trans.

I think you could call it 5000 on the mill and 1500 on the trans.
Kinda what I was figuring, going to ask the max for small claims court 5000. Just need something official saying that’s what it would be. Typically I advise my clients to get 3 quotes

Chances are the block would have to be sleeved, or, at least bored max, if it sat with water in it for years. Goodness only knows what the head and crank look like at this point. The only way to get an accurate quote is to pull it apart and assess the damage.

I’m good on the legal side. I am an Idaho attorney, evidentiary-wise, I’m squared away. Parties admit it was mine, I can prove they damaged it.

Just looking for quotes so I can get a judgment in that amount.

Kinda what I was figuring, going to ask the max for small claims court 5000. Just need something official saying that’s what it would be. Typically I advise my clients to get 3 quotes

So why are you even asking this here...call a couple of shops and be done with it.
Or do the courts in Idaho consider "da interwebz" to be an 'official' source of information?
That wouldn't fly here, that's for sure, but good luck either way!
Always a bummer to hear stories like this.

Last edited:
I have used Mulder Machine in Boise for about 10 to 12 years now. I have never had a problem with the work he did. He is a one man show as he says that is the only person he can trust to do it right. He is not quick but will get it done. I don't believe he does transmissions but possibly he could recommend someone.

Mulder machine

There is a junk yard in Mountain Home that would probably have that intake, vintage auto. You are better off going there than to call though, short trip from Boise.

So why are you even asking this here...call a couple of shops and be done with it.
Or do the courts in Idaho consider "da interwebz" to be an 'official' source of information?
That wouldn't fly here, that's for sure, but good luck either way!
Always a bummer to hear stories like this.
Nope just looking for good mopar specific guys. I remember there an awesome transmission guy up in Spokane but forgot his name.

Always can ask for special damages if it’s explainable. Mopar guys knowing having that expertise sells better than Bobs Local Engines.

Already called around just double checking my bases

Auto Transport Service
Back