• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quote for Engine/Trans rebuild

Why not just get a good used /6 and trans? There around and cheap.
Doug

It’s the original block/trans
Quote; (225 /6, and 904 original to 1962 Dodge Dart I think) ??? Even if it was matching numbers its a /6 auto 62. It appeared the parts were stored outside. If it really was of importance wounldn't the parts been stored inside? Do you really care if the numbers match? In the sceme of things does it really matter? The parts didn't look pristine to start with.
Doug

Quote; (225 /6, and 904 original to 1962 Dodge Dart I think) ??? Even if it was matching numbers its a /6 auto 62. It appeared the parts were stored outside. If it really was of importance wounldn't the parts been stored inside? Do you really care if the numbers match? In the sceme of things does it really matter? The parts didn't look pristine to start with.
Doug
Was stored inside, secured. That was the issue.

No grand scheme doesn’t make a difference. It’s sentimental. And if I have the legal right to pursue it what kind of attorney would I be if I didn’t.

And not that it matters… but I pulled this car out of a barn at 13. I turned the wrenches, I saved up everything I could and I got it on the road.

It was stored safely, with a friend and his horrible ex trashed it. She let her kid throw it outside… it needs to be made right.

Going back to original request, which apparently people are skipping reading. I just want a knowledgeable quote to present to the judge from mopar people. Sounds like my best bet is just call up some local shops and press with that

Pretty hard to have a rebuild estimate if you don't know what it needs. How rusty are the internals? Are there cracks?. How worn was it to start. None of these answers are known without a teardown.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back