• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race day weather at 5:45am

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
81 degrees, 90% humidity, no rain forecast. Hell the car will think it has water injection,lol.
Doug

I grew up racing in PA during the 60's and 70's. We always had the notion that Mopars liked humidity and ran better.BUT 90% is quite much. Your heat index is well over 100*.

Heat index for here in Iowa today is 115-120 98-100 for the high today. Air you can wear.

The track crew has to be out on the hot pavement all day vs 5-10 minutes for a suited up racer. Those are the people you need to really worry about. My hats off to anyone that works the staging lanes and starting line on days like this.
I would worry more about track prep, especially with a low 9 second car.
Be safe.

Worked at local dragstrip 3.5 yrs. Tech inspector,starting line, calling numbers to tower on race night. On week days held the propane torch for guys scraping the track. Afternoon heat index= 105, and was 69 years old. Whew! You have to love drag racing to do it.:lol: Before that back to 1999, I was racing myself.

better there than here :poke:

good luck @dvw, go put them on the trailer

Auto Transport Service
Back