• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racing in the heat

I'll be out tomorrow. Supposed to be 86
Doug

Stupid hot and humid during the middle 3 hours of the day yesterday, but surprisingly not bad after 6:30 last night. Nice breeze!
My buddy hit a new ET+MPH personal best. Broke the 140 wall. 9.6 @ 141.
I spotted a mid 60s Galaxy I want to destroy when I get my stroker motor. He's running around 12.3s...
I actually thought "if only I'd spray a 100-150 shot on my current 440, I could get 'em" lol. I'd be afraid to hurt it as it's the same mill as has been in my car since I bought it, and while I haven't had any problems with it, and it demands that I let it spin up to 6,200, although I shift around 5,800-6k, I plan on fogging it and putting it aside once the BME 541 goes in.
Anyway, fun night w/friends, surprisingly "comfortable" relatively speaking. My other long time friend has a 70 Nova SS big block, and although his fuel pressure was good, he kept running out of gas around the 1/8th.
I think it's important for us to go when someone in our group goes. It encourages us to get out and go run our cars!
I have couple friends that we go with and support .Even if not racing that day. One says he is bringing a basket to put the pieces in. Lol 1 friend has a ss 70 Challenger with 440 and 63 Dodge max wedge 426 stocker. Another has a 70 pro stick Cuda with a 540 and 72 Dodge Colt with a 440. Third friend has a 76 Dodge 250 truck with a 543. It's good to have friends.

Well, I applied to be one of the racers "allowed" to race 8/1 at my local eighth, and I guess somebody there likes old mopars, cause I got an email back that I was in. I hate this email/faceplant ****, why can't I just talk to a human?

Oh well, now I just have to get my horrific stumble, and linelock problem figured out, and get my junk back on the track after too many years off.

I have couple friends that we go with and support .Even if not racing that day.
THIS! It's important, because we all have days where the couch and some rest are appealing, maybe neccessary, but a good night at the race track with friends, well sometimes THAT is what we need, and when your friends come along, that makes a difference!
One says he is bringing a basket to put the pieces in.
Yeah, my friend who just passed through the 140 MPH point certainly knew something about broken parts, but that seems to be behind him, for now. I've bent a few things, but if half of what the "gloom and doom" crew :poke: :p :D here says about a high powered engine and a manual transmission come true, I guess I won't be one of the favorite racers from the track cleanup crew's perspective. I have done a LOT though to keep stuff from breaking, so I guess we shall see.

Auto Transport Service
Back