• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator heater hose clamps

pjm8047

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
The first one has 4 radiator hose clamps and 6 heater hose clamps. Does it have a heater valve in the system somewhere?

The second one has 2 larger clamps in the heater hose line up probably for the bypass hose.

Looking to go back to the oem style radiator/heater hose clamps. I’ve seen some on ebay. I believe all i need to 4 heater hose clamps and 4 radiator clamps.
All this ebay listen show 6 to 9 heater hose clamp. Am I forgot something? No ac 71 rr 383.
Heater Radiator Hose Clamp Kit Fit Mopar 70 383 440 Hemi Charger Cuda Challenger | eBay

MOPAR 1971-74 Heater & Radiator Hose Clamp Kit Hemi Big Block 383 440 426 Non-AC | eBay
Just contact one of our sponsors : Year One, Laysons, Classic... they'll supply your correct combination

Looking to go back to the oem style radiator/heater hose clamps. I’ve seen some on ebay. I believe all i need to 4 heater hose clamps and 4 radiator clamps.
All this ebay listen show 6 to 9 heater hose clamp. Am I forgot something? No ac 71 rr 383.
Heater Radiator Hose Clamp Kit Fit Mopar 70 383 440 Hemi Charger Cuda Challenger | eBay

MOPAR 1971-74 Heater & Radiator Hose Clamp Kit Hemi Big Block 383 440 426 Non-AC | eBay
Just contact one of our sponsors : Year One, Laysons, Classic... they'll supply your correct combination
The second one has 2 larger clamps in the heater hose line up probably for the bypass hose.
no bypass hose on BB

If you don't need conventional hose clamps, I highly recommend Gates Power Grip clamps. I couldn't stop a engine side upper hose leak (new hose and thermostat housing) with 2 OEM style clamps. The Power Grip clamp handled it fine and looks much sleeker installed. Rock Auto has them for half the cost of others.
Mike

Power grips or the gates spring loaded constant tension clamps if you do not care about looks. Sometimes the factory style clamps do not work well because the hose is thinner and you need one size smaller clamps. McMaster-Carr has them.

New oem style radiator is in with spring style hose clamps no leaks!

21EE2A79-309B-4BC8-B255-905E669B7B8D.jpeg

E08F99FF-EB4B-44A8-8AD9-B9D0599CE833.jpeg

I'm working on my 440 today, and it took me 35 minutes to get the ring clamp off of the upper connection of the lower radiator hose. These things are so hard to work with if they're not in a perfect position to get the removal pliers onto them. They twist and move around and the pliers keep popping off. These are a good set of pliers too. Klein tools brand, purchased from McMaster-Carr. Maybe someone knows of a better tool, I'd really like to get my new hoses on with the original style ring clamps. The tool I have is pretty useless. If you use them in the normal position, the handles are too far apart and you can't squeeze them to get the ring opened up. If I use them in the slipped position, I get the leverage I need to open the rings but they don't open enough to go over the lip on the fitting. I posted a picture of them for reference.

ring pliers.png

I'm working on my 440 today, and it took me 35 minutes to get the ring clamp off of the upper connection of the lower radiator hose. These things are so hard to work with if they're not in a perfect position to get the removal pliers onto them. They twist and move around and the pliers keep popping off. These are a good set of pliers too. Klein tools brand, purchased from McMaster-Carr. Maybe someone knows of a better tool, I'd really like to get my new hoses on with the original style ring clamps. The tool I have is pretty useless. If you use them in the normal position, the handles are too far apart and you can't squeeze them to get the ring opened up. If I use them in the slipped position, I get the leverage I need to open the rings but they don't open enough to go over the lip on the fitting. I posted a picture of them for reference.

View attachment 1424785
Lisle 17100, these have adjustable cups where the hose clamps go and work ok.

20230226_141221.jpg

20230226_141206.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back