• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ram charger, airgrabber hoods. intake causing major hood clearance issues.

Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
so i have done allot of looking around and haven't seen but 2 or 3 threads on the topic, but on the ones i have read EVERY body has dealt with the issue.
whether you are running a airgrabber, ramcharger, or shaker hood.

i have a 1971 charger with a ramcharger hood sitting on it fresh out of the paint booth, i also have almost all original parts for the hood, so cutting the horn on the dish that sits on the intake isnt really a option for me.. but at this point i really don't care, in between the wheels i have a 440 with 915 heads and a 509 cam, then i have a mopar wedge intake model number p5153525, a quarter inch spacer, and a quick fuel 830.
i cant even get my hood closed with the dish on it. so i am aware that my intake will HAVE to be changed and that spacer will HAVE to go.
and no a six pack is not a possibility i am 18 in high school and it would take me 3 or 4 months to get the thing if all i eat is grass.
so does anyone know a intake that will work? i have heard the torker 2 intake sits pretty low but cant find any specs to prove it even edelbroc, if i cant find anything i will have to use the factory boat anchor, thanks :thinker:

-Michael
michaels iphone 117.jpg

Welcome to FBBO. Looking forward to your participation and some more photo's of that 71. Good luck

I don't know the numbers but the Performer is basicly Edelbrocks aluminum version of the stock unit. Maybe someone on here could take a measurement from a factory intake and post up the numbers. I don't have an intake here to measure from.

I can tell you right now that the Edelbrock Performer is at least 5/8" - 3/4" taller than the stock iron intake. And I had clearance issues running the Edelbrock - still do actually. I even had to modify the horn on the air-grabber base.

I can tell you right now that the Edelbrock Performer is at least 5/8" - 3/4" taller than the stock iron intake. And I had clearance issues running the Edelbrock - still do actually. I even had to modify the horn on the air-grabber base.
What intake are you using and how much did you cut the horn?
How close is it to matching up?

Posted via Topify on Android

What intake are you using and how much did you cut the horn?
How close is it to matching up?

Posted via Topify on Android

I'll try to take some measurements for you this morning....just sorting some stuff out right now :)

Auto Transport Service
Back