• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real street signs

Here in California.

Signs Weed CA..jpg

EDIT:
The City of Weed derives its name from the founder of the local lumber mill and pioneer Abner Weed, who discovered that the area's strong winds were helpful in drying lumber.

Last edited:
I've been there. Quick way out of Detroit after Woodward Ave. Cruise. Across Big Beaver Road to 94 and North to Port Huron/Sarnia, and home.
Very coincidental Exit # !
The first cross street I am told on Big Beaver Road is Hardwood Way.

Someone knocked over the post with this sign so I picked it up...

Gay 1.JPG

Along highway 195 North of Rosalia, the agency is now using milepost marker signs that read “68.9” as opposed to “69.” Like some mile markers, the signs labeled with 69 had been stolen at various times over the years.
1726921267863.png

I have tag from 1962 I am legally allowed to register, but I'm anxious using it would only lead to its theft, "666".

This wasn't a street sign but is in a similar vein. It was on the wall of a community hanger at an airport. It was an old structure where the planes parked on asphalt pads with gravel in between the pads. I assume at some point they had a big problem with aircraft owners changing their oil in the hanger and dumping their waste oil in the gravel.
I loved the sign and eventually somehow it found its way to my garage, not sure how that happened LOL. But I am pleased it ended up with me. It is displayed behind where my convertible that leaked a lot of oil gets parked. It didn't heed the message on the sign, so I ended up having the engine taken out and partially rebuilt about 5 years ago.
The hanger got condemned a few years after the sign disappeared, so it just would have ended up in a scrap bin or some demolition crews attic anyway.

20240920_091940.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back