• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear seat latches.

satman72

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
To begin, I had a hell of a time getting the rear seat out of the sat. Once it finally came out, I noticed that the hooks were turned in towards each other.

Should they be vertical & parallel to each other, or should they be bent towards each other like an upside down V?

I could be wrong but i think thats so the seat is firmly locked in place.. Thats the way i looked at it in my 73.. Sounds the same as mine looked.

Here's a pic of mine; Should those front hooks be tilted like they are?
S3000015.jpg

Hey, I have to second Ron 73's reply. My 72 is the same ( really tight ). A" bodies have the same setup and I did put them straight up and down once to see what would happen....not very good, seat was alot easier to put back in but it was too loose and vibrated quite a bit. Now I just don't play with them.

My 73 appears to be the same as your picture, It will be easier next time if you need to take it out.. Knowing what you need to do with pushing and pulling makes it more simple, funny, reminds me of something different to though.
eek_zpsada5aa56.gif
tongueflap_zpsa96343e8.gif

Well you do need to put your back in to it, to put it in and take it out!

What are you saying Ron, should I put the seat back?:blob1:

If your done, id say yep, but wait and see if someone else has anything to offer. I just seen what your working on, pretty cool! if the same one..

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, You startled me at first, if your beard was a bit longer, you would be looking at a 25 year old Ron! lol. Who now is 57, white beard, nuff said man.

that is how they are supposed to be. i had to weld a new one in my charger i love that a part like that is repoped now! back in the day i would have had to tear one out of a scrap yard!

Auto Transport Service
Back