• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Sway Bar End Links

JR_Charger

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
On the 72 Charger with the Firm Feel rear sway bar and mounting plates. I'm not at 100 inch pounds yet and it looks like the end link bolt is getting too close to the leaf spring -

67_end_link_too_close_to_leaf_spring.JPG

Are they supposed to be installed up from the bottom? My reference material shows the bolt head at the top -

Screenshot_20240825_000844.jpeg

I'm going to shorten the bolt. I think it'll touch before it hits 100 inch lbs. I just hope there's enough thread left.

Well there wasn't enough thread left to assemble the end link, but after I figured out that wouldn't work, I found out that the bolt actually can be installed upside down. I didn't think it had any chance in hell of clearing the leaf spring, but it makes it by half a hair's breadth -

70_end_link_upside_down.JPG

BTW I'm also trying to figure out how that parking brake cable goes - obviously not like this!

Auto Transport Service
Back