• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reinforcing a 23 spline?

69charger

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I've been wondering lately if a 23 spline tranny would be able to last behind a 470 stroker.

I guess it would but i'm not really too sure
is there anyway to beef up the 23 spline or would I have to go with an 18 spline hemi transmission?

You should be able to use a 23 spline as long as you don't try and get the car to hook...I have customers with 500 ci engines and are running 23 spline trans with ordinary radial tires...the min you start running sticky tires and power shifting them they start breaking teeth on the drive gears and cluster.
If the tires are spinning you usually safe.IMHO

You should be able to use a 23 spline as long as you don't try and get the car to hook...I have customers with 500 ci engines and are running 23 spline trans with ordinary radial tires...the min you start running sticky tires and power shifting them they start breaking teeth on the drive gears and cluster.
If the tires are spinning you usually safe.IMHO

Yup, your tires act as a fuse!!

23 spline transmission should live just fine - have run them behind a blown 440 with 14" wide mickey thompson tires... no problems

Auto Transport Service
Back