• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

remote mirror switch mount in door

cherokeechief79

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
how is this held in?
mine is loose and i can pull it right out easilly.
i see it has threads on it .
is there a big nut on it thats missing?

Yes there should be a nut on the interior panel to tighten up against the inside of the door, but your able to pull it towards the driver through the hole it goes through?

20220604_210524.jpg

The “nut” inside the door is a 1-1/2” square flat piece of metal that doesn’t really look like a nut. That piece of flat metal holds the adjuster in place

Last edited:
How do we know what he should have?

What year make and model is your car?

sorry.....its a 67 coronet 440 wagon.
i can pull it out of the hole easily towards me.
i see threads on it but thought that maybe there was a nut that slid down the cables and is hidden inside the door.
either way it looks like i need to remove the door panel to secure it right?

sorry.....its a 67 coronet 440 wagon.
i can pull it out of the hole easily towards me.
i see threads on it but thought that maybe there was a nut that slid down the cables and is hidden inside the door.
either way it looks like i need to remove the door panel to secure it right?
Yes, remove the door panel slowly and carefully, one fastener at a time. I’ve had one of those split in half at a thin spot and fall inside the door, then the adjuster just came out loose and I could pull it inside the car
$5 284-R Mopar E-body Remote Mirror Remote Retaining Clip
This says e-body, but it looks just like the clip in my 70 Road Runner

Auto Transport Service
Back