• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Marcinko, Original Commander of SEAL Team Six, Passes Away at 81 on Christmas

Rockland71GTX

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
RIP Commander
Richard-Marcinko-Navy-vet-and-designer-of-famed-SEAL-Team-Six-dies-at-81-640x480.png

R.I.P.

Another warrior claimed by an enemy we can't fight.....time. Rest in peace. Roger your last transmission...out..

Thank you for your service. RIP Sir

Rest In Peace Sir! Thank you!

R.I.P. "Demo Dick", You were one of a kind.
Thank you for your service and for everything you did to advance the Spec Ops field.

My son and granddaughter ran into him at the Dam Neck commissary about 12 years ago.
They had been doing some shopping and when they got back to the car realized they forgot dog food so went back in. Marcinko had been doing a book signing there and was packing up to leave. On their way back in he had his back to them so they didn't know who it was. On the way out as they passed him he saw my granddaughter carrying this big bag of dog food and he commented on it about how she was carrying such a big bag. He spoke with her for a bit and then asked if she had ever eaten dog food, with a wink at my son. She said no, and he replied, "It's not so bad, especially if it's all you have". They exchanged a few more pleasantries and went on their way. My granddaughter asked why he would eat dog food and my son explained who he was and why he would eat dog food. They said he couldnt have been more gracious and friendly.
The world needs more like you, Sir.

RIP Sir, you were a better man than I
my deepest condolences go out to his family, friends
& fellow squids

Auto Transport Service
Back