• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right Carpet?

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
I have a 73 RR with I would say has caramel colored interior. I was wondering what TYPE and Color carpet is right for my application. Most places I have checked really won't give me a definite answer.. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wannabe

Last edited:
Now that's an interesting question. Year One claims that up to 73, carpets were 80/20 Loop, however, that is not necessarily true, as my 73 originally had cut pile. I am guessing your car with that color interior was either Black, most likely, or sandalwood.

Not sure this helps, but I recently picked up a 74 Charger SE. It was ordered with the optional Aztec interior but the original carpet is in there and is a caramel colored ultra plush style carpet. I'm sure other places do the same but www.stockinteriors.com will send you a sample and have many styles available for your car.

Auto Transport Service
Back