• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right Hand Drive 1967 Dodge Charger

I will get better pics, I'm currently pulling the interior. But here is some pics of the steering box and master cylinder on the "right" side.

View attachment 1724650

View attachment 1724651

Dang, that is t-i-g-h-t !
The engine and trans are pushed 1 3/4" off center to the right for left hand drive cars to have extra room for the steering column, linkages etc. I can't imagine how cramped that right side must be. I noticed how the steering box is to the firewall. It looks to be at least 16" further rearward. Your steering wheel does have a steeper angle as a result.

Someone spent a lot of coin to convert that car to right hand drive.
In 1967 there was no laws or requirement to change to right hand steer - someone must have just wanted the work done. Interesting story.
Here in NZ the majority of American cars are still left hand drive and converted ones are harder to sell.

The first owner was Arthur Lincoln Laidlaw of Lincoln Toys Mfg. They made branded toys and where pretty big time from what I have read. Also helped, his dad created Farmers department stores in NZ. I'm hoping one of the sons or daughter of Lincoln is still with us. Would love to hear about the early days of this car.

Welcome, you have one UNIQUE ride! I had enough hassles restoring 3-vehicles with left hand steering.

If you end up needing more cash, you could be a mail carrier with the sweetest mail delivery vehicle on the planet. Ok, please pardon, just tossing over some humor.

ALL the best with your restoration.

Welcome from Alabama, unique for sure. Anyone got any idea how many RH drive cars were done.

Welcome from Alabama, unique for sure. Anyone got any idea how many RH drive cars were done.
I tried to find any info, didn't have much luck
& got some message that said it was mainly US market sales &
would have been very limited production on right hand drive for any foreign market

I did a 'bing' search, I asked;
how many 'right hand drive' foreign market 1966-1970 Dodge Chargers were produced ?
it came back with a # of *15,788
(I actually think that *# is the total of 1967 Chargers produced, to the exact #
1967 model was down considerably from 1966, like 66k (? IIRC) the 1st year)

(I have no idea how accurate that is, nothing else was said)

and then a link to Autotrader, of no help

Auto Transport Service
Back