• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner Horn Question

I beg to differ. The video he sent doesn’t go meep. It goes beep. All horns back in the day went beep. A old school VW bug has a more unique sounding horn. I was asking because I just bought a 1974 road runner and I didn’t think the horn sounds like road runner.

I beg to differ. The video he sent doesn’t go meep. It goes beep. All horns back in the day went beep. A old school VW bug has a more unique sounding horn. I was asking because I just bought a 1974 road runner and I didn’t think the horn sounds like road runner.
Is it a Spartan horn ?

Is it a Spartan horn ?
I don’t know what a Spartan horn is. My original question was does the horn beep twice when you push the horn button or do you have to push twice. In all my years I have read and heard about the unique road runner horn. I was under the impression it went meep meep like the road runner cartoons I grew up on. In all my life I never actually heard one. When I got my road runner I just purchased the other day the horn didn’t beep twice and it didn’t have the meep sound I was expecting. That’s why I was asking because if it’s not correct I would like to make it correct.

Sound is made by a push ...one for one, two for twice etc.
Thanks. I was always under the impression it beeped twice with a single push. Now I know that is not the case. Their advertising back in the day just as always is deceptive. Says right there the horn goes beep beep. . Should say

“horn goes beep, and if you push it twice you can make a beep beep sound like road runner, of course you could make your AMC Gremlin sound like road runner too by pushing the horn button twice, but we don’t make Gremlins”

IMG_0148.png

Last edited:
Yes, two quick pushes. Believe that I read somewhere that the idea came from hearing a forklift horn.

Auto Transport Service
Back