• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sachs Front Shocks

1MYTGTX

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I was looking for a cheap alternative to the crappy KYB gas adjust shocks that were in my GTX when I got it. Had a full set of Bilstein’s in the Charger but couldn’t swing the $500 right now
Tried out these Sachs shocks I got from Rock Auto. Made by ZF, a German company so they have to be good right? Although they are Hecho en Mexico…
Night and day difference! The harsh jarring ride is gone and dare I say more control without it. Steering box is a bit sloppy and the jarring KYB’s exaggerated it….
For $80 for the pair it was well worth it. Sadly they don’t make the rears. Used some Monroe Classics I had there.

1714848093270.png
1714848120830.png

Interesting. My car has NOS original HYD shocks front and rear and I think about going something a little different in hopes to cancel out some of the leaning over it has in curves

I’m running those same shocks on my roadrunner and I’m very pleased with them and there not too costly.

I'm considering a set of Gabriels myself...

Made by ZF, a
ZF is a good company..... theyve made transmissions for a lot of stuff that may surprise some, including the 6-speed manual in early super dutys and even vettes, as well as many foreign cars.... of course, its just a name on some products. Hopefully a great shock for you. :thumbsup:

Sachs are oem on many Chrysler products, Bilsteins are the premium brand( my favorite) . Sachs are good, I’m installing stock replacement struts and shocks on my sons 300 and they are all Sachs.

Both ZF and Sachs are well respected European companies.

I had no idea these were made.

Thanks.

ZF is a good company..... theyve made transmissions for a lot of stuff that may surprise some, including the 6-speed manual in early super dutys and even vettes, as well as many foreign cars.... of course, its just a name on some products. Hopefully a great shock for you. :thumbsup:
Also including the 8 speeds in current Mopars, among the best automatics out there.

Interesting. My car has NOS original HYD shocks front and rear and I think about going something a little different in hopes to cancel out some of the leaning over it has in curves
Shocks don't control lean.

Most notably, they made rigid airships...

Is that what the "Z" stands for?

Auto Transport Service
Back