• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sheetz Celebrating The 4th With Cheap Gas

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
We waited about 40 minutes, but when we left, every line was 4 times as long as when we got there. Crazy.
20230704_104604.jpg

It would take me all day with 5 cars and a boat

Went this AM to fill up wife's car. Long lines at all of the Sheetz here in Pittsburgh. Think I lucked out as only had a 10 min wait to get to a pump, but hey, at $1.77 / gallon was worth the short wait. . By time I left lines were getting longer out into road coming in where I was. Happy 4 th. to all...

You can’t get close to a Sheetz around here. Went out at 0800 and it was nuts already. Went past another one this aFresno on and there’s no way you’re saving any money sitting for hours with the engine running. 3/4 mile back up Just for one entrance.

It's nice of Sheetz to do that for one day, and for all grades - except diesel.
Makes up for the other 364 days they charge 15 cents more than anyone else. I would have to drive 25 miles to get to the closest station anyway.
But while you're waiting you can get some really good freshly prepared food (hmmm), and a 64 ounce slushy.

Haven't seen them prices since about Nov. 7th 2020

Tried. Wrangler was dry, so were the mower gas cans. Sat in line for about 40 min, got to the pump....outta gas. DAMMIT. Oh well, got the wrangler filled up at an AC&T down the street, I'll do the cans next week at my usual spot.

Well SHEETZ!!!!!!! :cursin:

93 octane around here is $5.39@gal.....:BangHead:

Good thing my van only needs 87......:thumbsup: .....it's only $4.79.....:realcrazy:

Went to get gas today, my Sheetz was roped off like a crime scene. No gas. Luckily I was there for the diesel. Had the whole place to myself.

I can’t wrap my head around what happened. Lowered gas to a point it was an hour wait just to run the tanks dry by the afternoon. Then, I can’t imagine they got any real good, extra, store traffic because the place was a mad house. Get your gas and get outta there. You know if you left your pump and went into shop someone was gonna let you know about it. Now today you‘re out of all gas and no one is in your store?

Sheetz does some odd stuff with gas. A few months ago all grades were all the same price for a couple weeks. They never advertised but just noticed it and confirmed with some others it had been that way and wasn‘t a mistake and multiple stores.

It makes me wonder what the real price of gas is, wholesale. And, is there really a difference to the grades?

I was able to fill both my work Truck iat lunch time and my wife’s truck at night. I told everyone who was waiting there remember there was no lines when gas was almost this cheap a few years ago and it also wasn’t from Russia….the last pic was 11:00 at night and they were still backed up on the highway.. Took about 15 minutes each time… That had a person out there watching as morons started filling up water jugs……

5452A209-C730-4C08-B71B-FA2206689C11.jpeg

4775294A-CEFE-4020-8B6C-761F9CDA4ECE.jpeg

E39182AF-A8D6-418F-BB40-626A6D104776.jpeg

Went to get gas today, my Sheetz was roped off like a crime scene. No gas. Luckily I was there for the diesel. Had the whole place to myself.

I can’t wrap my head around what happened. Lowered gas to a point it was an hour wait just to run the tanks dry by the afternoon. Then, I can’t imagine they got any real good, extra, store traffic because the place was a mad house. Get your gas and get outta there. You know if you left your pump and went into shop someone was gonna let you know about it. Now today you‘re out of all gas and no one is in your store?

Sheetz does some odd stuff with gas. A few months ago all grades were all the same price for a couple weeks. They never advertised but just noticed it and confirmed with some others it had been that way and wasn‘t a mistake and multiple stores.

It makes me wonder what the real price of gas is, wholesale. And, is there really a difference to the grades?
During my corporate trucking days, I was recruited by Sheetz for an executive job in their tanker fleet, which I ended up turning down. One of the operating issues discussed during the interviews was the management of pricing as a marketing tool. It was easy to increase traffic to a store or stores by juggling pricing, but it created logistic problems for the tanker fleet. The chain has expanded significantly since that time, looks like they've made some good calls. Their driver compensation is among the best in the industry. The business model called for making money with the stores, the gas was a marketing expense to get people inside.

The Sheets thing is crazy but if you can take advantage it's worth it. It started at midnight on that day. So if they do this again, I'll plan to stay up and go at like 1 AM to avoid the lines.
Don't know if there is any truth to this or not, but.. A good friend that's a Ford guy and runs a body shop nearby has a buddy that drives a tanker for the vendor of gas to Sam's Club. He said that the gas at Sam's it actually very good quality and if tested, would prove to have octane numbers consistently higher that the published minimum of 87 or 93.

Auto Transport Service
Back