• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baby Come Back; '70 Charger Restoration

my buddy started the back end. Wall art on the floor.

20240702_191554.jpg

Okay, not a Charger, not even a B body, but I hope to say that someday too. I’ve had this car on the market for about 3 years now. Not a full court press, but I’d like to see it go to a good home. 66 Signet convertible, original commando car, special ordered by a steel company exec. It’s a cool little car, someday it’s prince will come!

View attachment 1680627
What a sweetheart! :thumbsup:

does it put to bed the "rebody" argument?......... or if we use solid donor sections, do we still go to jail? :poke:
I jumped thru a few hoops
to get my old Plymouth
titled.
There's one thing in favor
when dealing with these
older cars/trucks. Unless
the car you're planning on
rebuilding has been reported
as stolen, most DMV's won't
have a record of that vin
unless it's currently titled.
They've been purging
records older than 7 years.
I ended up having to get a
bonded title for mine.
Also, one should avoid
buying a complete car/truck
from a salavge yard without
the salvage title.
A friend got caught up in
this when he bought a
salvage car for parts and the
salvage yard sold that cars'
title to someone else. He
ended up using the vin plate
on his build, and the guy
who bought the title
built his car with that vin.
There were two cars
registered in the state w/
the same vin. The salvage
yard paid the price (closed),
and the two guys just trying
to build their hot rods paid
a hefty fine and had their
projects impounded and
crushed.

Getting the final stuff off the car. Brake lines and fuel line. The fuel line is long and learned pull the pass tire to get it out.

20240908_162803.jpg

Today was pull the rear end out and install the frame dollies. I little tight in the carport but it works. Next is the k frame . Learned make sure the car /jacks are high enough for the dollies. :BangHead: I was 8 inches short. Thor hung out .

20240912_191407.jpg

20240914_121751.jpg

20240914_125206.jpg

20240914_110201.jpg

I keep thinking of a Daryl Hall & John Oates song title everytime I see this thread.
:lol:

Anyway, keep up the good progress.
:thumbsup:

Baby Come Back; '70 Charger Restoration

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Getting the final stuff off the car. Brake lines and fuel line. The fuel line is long and learned pull the pass tire to get it out.

View attachment 1723635
You'll probably have some fun getting the new fuel line(s) in. I just did that a few weeks ago and it was not fun. Get the front of the lines fed through correctly at the front end. For the rear section, you'll need to bow the rear part of the lines quite a bit to get them routed properly up around the rear shocks and above the gas tank. I found that near impossible before I unbolted the rear-most tailpipe hanger on the passenger side tailpipe and pulled it down enough to help get that sucker in the right position.

Auto Transport Service
Back